About the Role
This is an exciting work from home role for a Malaysian national which will involve growing markets in East Malaysia. This role offers a fantastic career opportunity with excellent scope and earnings potential. As a Business Development Manager with STAAH, you will identify prospective customers using a variety of tools (LinkedIn, Travel publications, groups,associations etc). You will perform a high-level analysis of the prospect’s current technology environment and identify opportunities where STAAH can create value.
You will engage the prospects by phone, email, online chat and conference events in order to promote and sell STAAH solutions. During the engagement cycle, you will maintain close interaction with the prospect to ensure that they have a great experience and ultimately convert to a paying customer. If you know how to work hard, work smart and are motivated to succeed in a dynamic fast paced sales environment we can teach the skills to succeed. An understanding of software as a service selling as well as an interest in the hospitality industry is highly desirable but not vital.
- Developing and managing relationships with prospective STAAH clients
- Manage complex sales-cycles and present the value of the STAAH platform to hotel management
- Demo our solution with the goal of converting the prospect into a paying customer
- Researching opportunities to identify target prospects within an assigned territory
- Attending local and regional networking and tradeshow events
- Achieve monthly quota of qualified opportunities and closed business – consistently hitting and exceeding sales goals
Key Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years direct sales or new business development experience carrying and exceeding a sales target
- Experience in SaaS sales in hospitality, travel/tourism, booking engines or online travel agencies (OTAs) is highly desirable
- High level of proficiency in English & Bahasa Malaysia - both written and spoken
- Experience closing complex sales cycles in a consultative manner
- You will have great communication and interpersonal skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
- As part of this exciting role you may be required to do public speaking, host seminars and travel for your job
- Ability to confidently deliver compelling face to face and online presentations
- A University Degree and solid educational background is preferred
- Great time management, task prioritization, and organizational skills are a must
- Industrious, focused and enthusiastic self-starter, happy to work independently
- Strong communicator and networker at industry functions and company events
- Preference would be for a someone with a network within the hospitality industry
- An enthusiasm for new technology and self-motivation with a real passion for sales is a must
- This will suit a confident, ambitious and highly motivated individual who is proactive and able to work well independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proven success in acquiring new clients as well as experience in cold calling and presenting sales pitches
- Technically adept, experienced with web technologies
- Open minded approach and willingness to learn new things
- Unlimited earning potential, attractive base plus generous commission
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Opportunity for a self driven, motivated person to build a business and brand in Malaysia covering the various regions and markets in eastern Malaysia
Based in East Malaysia – Sabah and Sarawak covering that market.
This is a regional position . Applicant must be a Malaysian national with a high level of proficiency in English & Bahasa Malaysia - both written and spoken.